Mills Scholars Program
The 2023-2024 TWRI Mills Scholars Program request for proposals is now closed.
The TWRI Mills Scholars Program is open to students at Texas A&M University, Texas A&M at Galveston and Texas A&M at Qatar. This program is funded through the W.G. Mills Memorial Endowment.
Key requirements of the Mills Scholarship are:
- Scholarships are $7,500 max for one-year.
- Scholarships are strictly for tuition and fees only.
- Students selected for these scholarships will be eligible to waive out-of-state tuition.
- Matching funds are not required.
- Submission includes the five-page maximum application with basic information items 1-10 and other required information items 12-13 completed as described in the RFP.
- Students selected for this opportunity will be contacted for additional information and/or materials, as needed.
Mills Program History
In 1967, Mills Cox of Gay Hill, Texas, who was chairman of the Texas Water Development Board, established this permanently endowed fund at Texas A&M University. Cox designated this fund as The W.G. Mills Memorial Endowment Fund in memory of his great-grandfather. Mills was from Millican and helped prepare the site for Gathright Hall, the original student dormitory and dining hall on the Texas A&M campus, constructed in 1875-1876.
Since 2001, we have awarded more than $528,700 in Mills scholarships to support 219 students involved in water-related studies.